Plastic manufacturing solutions are some of the most versatile and reliable methods of producing parts and components in an array of important industries, from oil and gas to aerospace and defense, to name a few. However, when looking for a production partner, examining their range of plastic manufacturing solutions is critical to ensure they can address your diverse and often complex needs.
Every business is unique and will have different goals and requirements. To this end, you will need a manufacturer capable of handling various projects and ensuring each is catered to with an eye on quality and value. The mark of a dependable manufacturer is if they excel in designing, engineering, prototyping, injection molding, and contract manufacturing.
So, you must be thorough with your criteria to pick a partner, as even a slight hit-and-miss in the durability or overall functionality of your products can backfire on your brand.
Peak Performance with PEEK: Learn more about the properties and characteristics of this material that make PEEK a popular choice.
Examining Different Plastic Manufacturing Solutions
Depending on your goals, you’ll want to know if your provider can address every aspect of your project in the best manner. Here are four critical parameters on which Ensinger Precision Components checks all the boxes.
Ensinger Precision Components features a diverse line of equipment designed for a great customer experience with precise injection molding, leading to better quality products and performance. Our equipment includes:
- 19 Injection Mold Presses
- Injection Molding Machines with 40 to 500 Ton Capacity
- 0.5 ounce to 80 oz. Shot Sizes
- Hydraulic, Hybrid Electric, and Fully Electric Presses
- Cartesian Robots on Wittman Presses
- Flexible Universal Robots (Cobots)
- Dryer Banks
- High-Temperature Oil Heaters
- Annealing and Post-Curing Ovens
We can execute precision or tight-tolerance molding. Some of our other injection molding services include:
- Insert Molding — This process features the molding or forming of plastic parts around other non-plastic parts or inserts.
- Over-Molding — Similar to insert molding, over-molding has plastic material molded over another molded part.
- Automation — Automation systems have now become critical in injection molding manufacturing as they help enhance part quality with consistency as the focus, result in less wasted material, minimize labor costs, and operate on consistent cycle times, minimizing lead times.
Extremely tight tolerances are required for some industries — such as aerospace, defense, and oil and gas. However, with CNC machining, Ensinger Precision Components’ plastic machining capabilities are built on cutting-edge equipment, such as dedicated HAAS CNC Lathes and HAAS CNC Machining Centers.
We also deploy collaborative robots (Cobots) for CNC machine tending. CNC machining equipment involves:
- Post CNC Machining Centers
- Milling/Turning Lathes, with Multiple Axes
- Vertical Milling Centers, with 3, 4 and 3+2 Axes
- Tolerances up to +/- 0.0005 inch
- Grinding/Lapping Services
- Portable Vertical Milling Center
- MasterCam Software
This equipment is critical to meeting specific challenges and providing extensive machining capabilities, such as drilling, broaching, boring, milling, tapping, reaming, and more.
Advanced manufacturing services cover a host of additional processes that enhance the results of injection molding and CNC machining. Some of these additional services include (but are not limited to):
- Annealing and Post-Curing: These heat treatment processes take place after molding with temperatures and hold times depending on the materials used and their thickness.
- Heat Staking: This process attaches two components when at least one is a thermoplastic. Controlled localized heat and pressure reform a plastic peg, stud, or boss after being inserted into a hole in the other component. When the plastic cools, a bond is created that doesn’t require additional hardware.
- Packaging and Component Assembly Services: assembly-specific tolerances of the components are considered during the manufacturing process so your finished product functions as intended. We can then package it according to your specifications.
- Ultrasonic Welding: A method of attaching thermoplastic components, it uses high-frequency waves to cause intermolecular and surface tension that generates heat and melts the plastic. Once the parts cool, a permanent bond is formed.
Any quality plastics manufacturing solutions provider should offer a proven process to ensure quality. Ensinger Precision Components is dedicated to providing the highest quality assurance for manufacturing with up-to-date quality control equipment, a fully realized and implemented Quality Management System, inspection services, and more. Our QMS adheres to, is certified, or compliant with the following standards:
- AS9100D Certified
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- UL Listed
- MIL 145802D
- ITAR Registered
- NIST 800-53 Compliant
We Believe in Sustainability: Discover how our commitment to sustainability goes beyond resins.
Ensinger Precision Components Provides Critical Plastic Manufacturing Solutions and More
Originally founded in 1934, Ensinger Precision Components offers injection molding and plastic part manufacturing. Not only do we specialize in high-performance thermoplastic manufacturing but we also provide PEEK tubes, stock shapes, and the Plastock® line of mechanical drive and conveyor components.
Ensinger Precision Components has the knowledge, experience, and capabilities to deliver critical plastic engineering services. With assistance in part design, material selection, and design for manufacturability analysis to applications engineering and new product introduction program management, we offer full support for your business.
Ensinger Precision Components is proud to be a featured division of Ensinger — a global leader in the high-performance polymers industry, providing multiple fabrication solutions throughout the U.S. and the world. Our facility, located in Putnam, Connecticut, is part of 35 locations across Europe, North and South America, and Asia positioned to tackle any plastic engineering or manufacturing demand.
Connect with Ensinger Precision Components today to learn how our plastic manufacturing solutions impact your organization.