If you are interested in adding value through manufacturing, looking for the stability of a growing global company – an Ensinger career is for you. As an Ensinger Troubleshooter in Putnam, CT you will be part of a team driving the growth of a market leading company.
In this role, you will perform diversified duties to start up and make adjustments to injection molding machines. Troubleshoot production problems, analyzing mechanical, electric and hydraulic systems and making adjustment to correct processes as required. Responsible to ensure quality specifications for product are met. Perform shut down process of machines and purge of material. Positions requires significant experience in injection molding processes and knowledge of high-performance materials and their reactivity to heats, speed, and pressure.
Ensinger Precision Components is a global supplier of high-performance thermoplastics components offering multiple fabrication solutions. Ensinger serves the market for engineering plastics by combining our injection molding and machining expertise with our knowledge of high-performance polymers and applications. In doing so, we provide our customers with a variety of options as they push the envelope of innovation and part design in their respective industries.
Role and Responsibilities
- Start-up of production on variety of injection molding machines.
- Verify mold, material, job folder, gauges, measuring equipment and fixtures
- Complete process sheet noting any deviations to parameters
- Set heats, pressure, speeds and timers on machines
- Lubricate molds for specific heat as required.
- Purge machine, test and record melt temperatures
- Adjust parameters to produce acceptable parts for quality sample
- Visually inspect parts with precision measuring instruments (i.e., micrometers, verniers, and special gages) record finding.
- Instruct operators on proper machine operations, specific inspection requirements.
- Monitor production and in-process scrap percentages
- Comply with all safety regulations, company policies and procedures
- Support continuous improvement efforts
Qualifications / Competencies
- High degree of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decision involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Some computer experience required
- Ability to read blueprints
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- 3 years’ experience troubleshooting injection molding machines.
- Physically capable of exerting 25 pounds of force
- Concentrated visual acuity and mental attention, finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination